The number one reason that most people claim for not working out is that they’re too busy. Careers, school, kids, travel – all of these demand time and energy.
Yet what many of these people fail to understand is that regular exercise can help them feel more energized and productive – ultimately making them feel less busy.
The truth is you do have time to exercise
If you look at your schedule the right way. It isn’t as hard as you think to incorporate fitness into the lifestyle you have.
When implemented, these six tips can drastically help you feel fit, healthy and energized.
If you know you need to exercise but just can’t seem to find the time, try one or more of these tips. You may be surprised at how easy it is to work out regularly, feel great about your health, and not feel any busier than you already are.
- Get up earlier. If you’re not a morning person, you’ll find that you’ll have more energy at the break of dawn if you’re doing regular exercise. Even if you choose not to work out first thing in the morning, getting up earlier may help you complete other tasks so you have time for exercise later in the day. Of course, you’ll probably have to go to bed earlier to get sufficient sleep. Resist the temptation to be a night owl if you want to make fitness a personal priority.
- Make exercise a social or family activity. Instead of going to lunch or coffee with a friend, go for a walk. Going dancing on dates, taking family bike rides, or going hiking while you’re on vacation are all ways to incorporate exercise into your life. Exercising with a friend or loved one will also make it a more enjoyable experience and help you stay motivated.
- Break up exercise session into smaller increments. You may not have time every day to work out for a half-hour or more interrupted, but you probably have time to do several 10-minute sessions. Working out for thirty minutes once a day.
- Choose a variety of activities that include aerobic exercise and strength training. One reason that many people quit an exercise regimen is that they grow bored and lose motivation. Rotating several types of activities that you like will help you stay motivated and will also help you achieve results. Don’t afraid to try new approaches and techniques. The fitness industry is always evolving, and by taking a new class you may find something different that you really love.
- Set goals and reward yourself. Find out what motivates you. Do you want to fit into that favorite outfit, lose ten pounds, run a charity race or decrease your back pain? Set workout frequencies, intensities, and durations that will help you reach those goals. Once you’ve met a goal, celebrate! Go on a trip, buy that dress you like, or do something else that is meaningful to you.
- Hire a personal trainer or a life coach if you have difficulty staying motivated and setting goals. A coach or trainer may also be able to help you design a plan that fits your body type and is enjoyable.
What do you have to lose? Try any or all of these tips. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.